Monday, June 9, 2008

Weathering the Storms..

This week, we had tornado warnings, flash floods and then widespread heat warnings in the D.C. area. It has been nearly 100 degrees with the heat index the last few days. We didn't let the crappy weather stop us. Chareese's mom was in town this weekend so we went to dinner at 2Amy's, our favorite Italian pizza shop. Trivia question for the picture below: Which one of these is not like the others? (hint: I've never felt so outnumbered before).
















Saturday was a scorcher so Cassie, Tom and I went tubing on the Shenandoah River in West Virginia. It was a lot of fun. There were a lot of people floating down the river and I even made some new friends; ask me sometime about Dick and Tommy.















We stopped to have a picnic before our final run down the river.






























Cassie is leaving us for Arizona this week so we had a farewell party for her at our house.















Our house was so bloody hot during the party, that I went around checking all of our vents. (Thanks Chareese for catching this awkward moment on film!)















Chareese made Fruit Pizza for the party. I think one of the ingredients is sin, because it's so tempting and I could eat it all day long.















After the party, we sat around and listened to the wisdom of Grandmother Willow AKA Shelley. Chareese's mom is so wise and charming. Chareese, thanks for sharing your mom with us this weekend.

2 comments:

Noahr said...

Remember that time we went to float down the river, but it was too cold and you left your workout clothes in Blanch's truck and you've never forgiven me for not getting your clothes back? Sorry about that. Good times.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

it took me a minute to figure out which "one was not like the others"!! Of course, Dad would point that out right away as "the mexican"! LOL! I LOVE tubing down rivers, good times!