

After the fireworks I hopped on a bus with Kami, Shule and Wayne to NYC. Wayne and I went to 2 Broadways (Hairspry and Jersey Boys) while Kami and Shule were at the Yankee/Red Sox game. DON'T buy Broadway tickets online because it's a rip off, most box offices have discounts/raffles the day of.
In Hairspray, George Wendt (from Cheers) plays the role of Edna Turnblad and what a comedian. This show was basically the same as the movie and my favorite Broadway so far!


I didn't know who the Four Seasons were until I went to Jersey Boys but I recognized most of their songs. There was some adult language in the show, but overall it was superb. Here's some great youtube video links if you care to watch.. My favorite song was probably 'Walk Like A Man'. I left wishing I had a gangster Jersey boy of my own..
Jersey Boys Youtube #1
Jersey Boys Youtube #2


After Hairspray, we went to dinner at the Stardust Diner. The waiters/waitresses are all performers on Broadway that wait tables while they are auditioning for shows, etc. My favorite waiter reminded me of ace ventura because he had a ginormous mouth and hopped around on the tables and was the biggest goof. This is the greatest place, I strongly recommend that you eat here if you're in the neighborhood.

I love frozen yogurt and I heard that Pinkberry is the bomb. Pinkberry's menu consists of Original, Green Tea and Coffee flavored frozen yogurt desserts. This is a wonderfully tangy, not-too-sweet, creamy white cloud of perfect frozen yogurt deliciousness.
Sunday morning we walked over the Brooklyn Bridge and this offered a great view of Manhattan and Brooklyn. The Brooklyn Bridge, one of the oldest suspension bridges in the U.S., stretches 5,989 feet (1825 m) over the East River connecting the New York City boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn. On completion, it was the largest suspension bridge in the world and the first steel-wire suspension bridge.


We also stopped along Bleeker Street for some famous Magnolia Banana Pudding and Cupcakes (which were beautiful but I didn't like them at all). The magnolia bakery in NYC is known for its famous dessert treats, including its cupcakes and old-fashioned Depression era icebox cakes. It stays open unusually late for a bakery, and typically there is a line to get in as late as 11:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights.

I don't like doing all the touristy stuff in NYC (times square makes me want to crawl into a dark cave), but I really like Greenwich Village and the other neighborhoods downtown.
1 comment:
I would have to totally agree with you about Magnolia's cupcakes-- they weren't moist enough or something.
But, that said, the trip to Greenwich Village makes the bakery worth it.
Post a Comment