Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Taipei Daytrip

The Moon Festival was this past weekend.  It's a big holiday (still not sure what for) where everyone has BBQ's.  Our friend Torri invited us to a BBQ at her house where she taught us how to make dumplings..so good-uh!















The crew outside by the Taiwanese-style BBQ.















TAIPEI ZOO was so much fun and only cost $2.  Are zoo's in America this cheap?  If so, why haven't I been to ALL of them?!  

Who knew sloths weren't imaginary?



















Gorilla Monkey Man, he was my favorite.  He came to the waters edge to talk with us.  He was probably just excited to see a foreigner like the rest of Asia!



















Orangutan, Harry Henderson style.



















Asian Elephants are much cuter than...



















African Elephants.















The natural landscape was a beautiful backdrop to the Taipei Zoo.



















The only 2 Panda's in Taiwan live at the zoo.  The guards let us look into their glass covered/indoor setting for 30 seconds before scooting us along.  I'm not sure I understand the obsession with pandas, but thanks china for lending them anyway!















Occasionally I want to remember a seemingly insignificant moment.  I'll take a picture and sometimes they're worthy of sharing.  This poor girl (she definitely noticed me taking her picture) was sitting across from me on the Taipei subway and the contrast of blue/red was striking...it also helps me capture how I was feeling that day.  I should just write in my journal to remember my thoughts, but this is more fun.



















We go?  no..that's wego, it must be a brand of some sort.  This statue looks like the famous LOVE statue in Philly, etc.  It took some boosting on everyone's part to get me into that 'g' but we all had a good laugh.















Bon Jovi from the 80's? Lion King?  Nope.  My kinky curls are out of control sometimes.  I love letting my hair air dry, but the humidity has a hay-day with it.




















After the zoo, we rode on the Green Ferris Wheel up by the mountains, must be a bit north of Taipei..still trying to get my directions in Taipei.



















Tanier over looking Taipei.  Taipei 101 was of in the distance but it was too cloudy/foggy to capture it.















Thanks Lisa for letting us stand up/gather around to take a picture at the end of our ride!  haha

1 comment:

Sunshine Designed said...

Hogal Zoo. $5.00... I think. Aspen loved the sloths too. So cool, aren't they. Hope your feeling more reds then blues!