My sister (Tawna), my cousin (Liz) and I took a road trip last week to Spokane to visit our adorable 93 year old grandpa.
Smokey the Bear in BFE Montana.

Smokey the Bear in BFE Montana.

Growing up, we'd visit Pa & Grandma at their Coeur D'alene lake house.
We'd take a trip into 'town' (spokane) to buy school clothes, grab a bite at Dicks' and shop at the White Elephant (photos below).
We'd take a trip into 'town' (spokane) to buy school clothes, grab a bite at Dicks' and shop at the White Elephant (photos below).

Back in the day, burgers were only 25cents at Dicks'.
Prices are still pretty cheap.
I think my burger was 75cents. Lunch for the 4 of us cost $12.
Beat that McD's!


Check out Grandma's sweet earrings!
And Liz copying my pose.
These photos bring a smile to my face.
Having a fashion show with Grandma's clothes made me laugh til I cried.
I love these girls!
I love these girls!

The White Elephant in Spokane. Best store ever.
They sell: hunting gear/fishing gear/other stuff and....
aisles and aisles of board games.
We LOVED this place as kids...and now as adults!
They sell: hunting gear/fishing gear/other stuff and....
aisles and aisles of board games.
We LOVED this place as kids...and now as adults!





It was weird to visit Spokane without Grandma
sitting in her chair (left), laughing and telling us stories.

Pa is so happy, silly, and sweet.
I admire and love him so much.
Spokane is where he wants to be.
But it broke my heart to leave him there.
Spokane is where he wants to be.
But it broke my heart to leave him there.

The first few hours of the drive home were so beautiful.

Here's a few shots from my laptop.



I scanned a bunch of old photos while I was there.
Isn't my Grandma beautiful?
Isn't my Grandma beautiful?

Pa was a pilot for the Air Force during WWII.
He has a million stories to tell, if only i could remember them all!
He has a million stories to tell, if only i could remember them all!


Not a day goes by that I don't think about my Grandma.
We used to talk on the phone every week.
We used to talk on the phone every week.
She'd pick up the phone with a smile and gave the best advice.
She always wanted to hear what was on my mind.
Oh Grandma, I miss you...
She always wanted to hear what was on my mind.
Oh Grandma, I miss you...
And so does Grandpa. The poor guy has a freezer FULL of juice and cookies.
(probably why he's put on a few pounds around the middle...)
He eats fish sticks and even ate INSTANT gravy when we went to the Country Buffet.
haha. GROSS!
(probably why he's put on a few pounds around the middle...)
He eats fish sticks and even ate INSTANT gravy when we went to the Country Buffet.
haha. GROSS!
It was a perfect and wonderful weekend. I wish she could've been there.
No empty seats. I know. I know. I promise to hold through on my end of the bargain!!
No empty seats. I know. I know. I promise to hold through on my end of the bargain!!



1 comment:
such a sweet tribute to your grandma. looks like you girls had a great time!
Post a Comment