My friend Dolly and I found really cheap flights to Hawaii a few months ago so we bought them. It's been on my top 5 list for about 5 years(listed on the right hand side of this blog). NOW seemed like as good a time as any to cross it off my bucket list.
Waiting at LAX to board our plane to Honolulu. That guy's floral shirt was genius, why didn't I buy one!?
First item of business upon landing in Hawaii: the aloha market and snowcones!
Waiting at LAX to board our plane to Honolulu. That guy's floral shirt was genius, why didn't I buy one!?
First item of business upon landing in Hawaii: the aloha market and snowcones!
Our first night there we walked along the beach in Waikiki. Apparently the swelling was the highest it had been in 20 or so years so everyone was body boarding, surfing, throwing themselves in the wild waves. We didn't know it was out of the ordinary until the next day, but we certainly had fun watching everyone scuff and throw themselves into the water!

I could not have predicted this. Nearly everyday people made comments about Dolly and I being lesbians. I never even thought about it, but I guess Hawaii is more of a lovers destination.
But I dare say, we do look pretty darling together!
Scuba diving. Sounds fun, right? Worst decision we made.
We couldn't have predicted it would've taken ALLLL day and that dolly would get sick and barf on the boat or that I wouldn't be able to equalize my ears. But this group that took us was painfully slow and I literally saw nothing in the water.
This was the best meal we had there: Taiwanese hot pot.
Sweet Home Cafe made us wait 1.5 hours for a table but it was worth it!

For dessert, they brought us the best bing!
I have no idea what that green jello was on top, but it was divine.

I was waiting to hop on our catamaran with a few families.
This adorable kid made me realize that the most important thing is being comfortable in your body. Who cares if it's perfect!?
Really relaxing catamaran on Waikiki Beach.
150 ft waterfall--Manoa Falls.
We rode a bus there, which took forever but saved us $$ in the long run.
On Saturday, we rented a car and drove along the east coast up to Laie.
These mountains were breathtaking.

The grounds at the Byodo-In Temple.

The Byodo In Temple is next to a collection of other temples and churches of different faiths.
All these holy houses are surrounded by various cemeteries.

Byodo-In Temple. Cost like $3 to get in, so we just shot some photos from the perimeter (budget alert!)
Shockah!!

Hukilau Cafe from 50 first dates.
They stop taking orders at 11:15, we pulled up around 11:20.
Maybe if we weren't haoli's, they would've given us some pancakes :(
They stop taking orders at 11:15, we pulled up around 11:20.
Maybe if we weren't haoli's, they would've given us some pancakes :(

This beach was between Shark's Cove and Waimea Beach.
This was my favorite beach because it wasn't covered in sand, they were mini little pebbles.
This was my favorite beach because it wasn't covered in sand, they were mini little pebbles.

Dolly and I jumped off this rock. Granted Dolly jumped infinity times and I jumped twice.
I'm a bit of a chicken:)
Our view from our hike of Diamond Head Crater (which is kinda ugly. view=amazing. crater=ugly death)
This memorial is a bit like battleship, where they have placed smaller memorials where the other ships were bombed. 
Digging on cool cemeteries lately.

King's Statue across from the Iolani Palace in downtown Honolulu.
My friend from my time in Taiwan, Connie, met us at the beach, took us to dinner and then dropped us off at the airport. Pays to have cool friends that live in even cooler places.
Maybe next time-Goodbye for now, Hawaii.



















No comments:
Post a Comment