Sunday, May 20, 2012

Havasupai

 For years I've been wanting to hike down to Havasupai Falls.
Last week, I went for it.
We hike 30 miles in 3 days with packs on our backs.

Mine is the little blue one!
A big thanks to Brad for letting me borrow his high tech, light camping equipment!
 Beaver Falls was quite a trek from Mooney Falls. 
It was a beautiful hike, but Beaver Falls wasn't the coolest.


 Navajo Falls you can jump off of. Check Dan out below.
However, I didn't jump. For lots of reasons that seem so silly now.

 Our Lasagna meal was amazing.  
So was the Chicken Fettuccine.  Maybe we were starving but they hit the spot.
 Also good--Geoff's stroganoff.
 If you want to get down to Mooney Falls to hike down to beaver, you have to lower yourself down this 200 foot ledge.  I'm not afraid of heights but this climb freaked me out.  there are itty bitty steps that were slick on my shoes so you have to hold onto chains and mucho take it easy.


 Havasu Falls.
 Navajo Falls.  I'm missing photos from the hidden falls, etc.
The water is pristine and clear...but turquoise/green/blue.

There was a group of 5 of us that went and we had a great time.  
We were blistered, sun burned, beat, covered in red sand and exhausted by the time we climbed back out of the Grand Canyon but what a trip!
Thanks Geoff for putting it together and Hillary for motivating me to go.

No comments: