Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My favorite cookie recipe

This is a picture of the only cookies that I ever make. For those of you who know me, I have likely made them for you before. My family calls them Mrs. Smith's cookies and I have been baking them since I was 16. They are my signature cookie recipe. All through college, I would bake them if I was bored, frustrated or needed a reason to visit cute guys. The recipe bakes about 5 dozen cookies and so there is always plenty to share with everyone (except for my roommate heather because she would eat the whole batch.) I'll even share the recipe with you:

Mrs. Smith's Cookies

1 lb. Butter
2 C. Sugar
2 C. Brown Sugar
4 Eggs
2 t. Vanilla
**cream together**
2 t. Baking Powder
2 t. Baking Soda
4 C. Flour
5 C. Oatmeal
16 oz. Chocolate Chips (Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate)
16 oz. Peanut Butter Chips (the original recipe calls for butterscotch chips)

Bake at 400* for 6 minutes or until the tops are golden brown (they take about 10 minutes to cook with the elevation in D.C). Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

Lyman said...

these cookies are EVIL and will haunt you forever. don't eat them.

Brian said...

Hey, This is Bro. Mick!!!

Nice cookies...where are you? What side of the country? I just saw you at an Aggies b-ball game (but you were too far away to talk to) and now you're where?

:)
Bro. M