

Here's a picture of the Pentagon on 9/11 and the Pentagon now! They still keep an American flag where the plane hit on 9/11/01.
My old roommate from college, Melanie, is in town with her husband and his family. Last night, we went to dinner at Mai Thai in Old Town Alexandria and then headed over to the brand new Pentagon Monument that was dedicated earlier in the day. There are nearly 200 metal aerodynamically constructed benches for each individual who lost their lives in the plane and building that dreaded day 7 years ago. The benches are organized by the DOB of those who died starting with 1998 with a 3 year old girl and ending with a man that was in his mid 70's. We spoke with a few police men that were walking through the memorial and they told us of their experience from 9/11. Here are some pictures of the benches that I found on the Internet (I still need to add pictures to a computer!)

1 comment:
How totally awesome is that! That's neat that you went there. I LOVE the shape of the benches.
Post a Comment