Tuesday, June 23, 2009

DC Peeps

As I was leaving DC I started this post. I'm leaving out a lot of people, etc but I wanted to keep this simple. These are a few DC people that I will greatly miss as I venture overseas.

My roommate Carlie Christensen (right) loves Watermelon and Diet Coke! Never met anyone more dedicated to staying hydrated than her! Thank you Car for always taking me to/from the airport, helping me run errands, late night talks with freshly popped popcorn, listening to me ramble on and on about guys, and sporadic drives down the parkway with the windows rolled down with the music blaring. The list goes on and on. She always helped put things into perspective. i.e 'Hey carlie, which shirt should i wear? black or blue?' to which she'd reply: 'I can't help you.'


...driving down the parkway with the windows rolled down...















This is Brad Rogers, also referred to as Brad Grylls! He's master of the grill and is always up for an adventure. Brad and I were running partners last summer. We ran through rain, sunshine, heat, humidity and beyond. This guy is so patient and is my #1 'go-to' when I'm in need of anything i.e. replacing lightbulbs, hanging mirrors, carrying furniture. I'm glad we found time to hike the Shenandoahs, even if it wasn't THE OLD RAG! This guy has the biggest heart and I'm going to miss him. 'Butn hey buddy! I'll see you in Utah!'


...Kayaking...















...Grilling...



















...Hiking...



















Kami and I were good friends the last 2 years but our friendship did not start there. Kami is a fellow Tree-mon-ton-ian, I have known her since I was 13. Apparently we needed to move thousands of miles to become great friends. We've been on a lot of weekend trips the last year: Palmyra, Niagara Falls, Richmond, Beach in NC, NYC(3x), the list goes on and on... Kami, thank you for always splitting meals with me and being the indian when there were too many chiefs! Thanks for your tabbi post too! I miss our daily email updates to each other. Why do I have to be asleep while you're awake and vice versa? It's driving me crazy but Taiwan is great and I can't wait to tell you about it!


..NYC...















...colonial williamsburg...



















...cherry blossoms...















My sister Lisa, her husband Mack and their kids, Malcolm and Quinn live in Northern Virginia. It has been so much fun spending time with them the last few years. My nephews are so sweet and I miss their hugs!

2 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

What a great shout out. Hope you are well and enjoying your time. Keep updating when you can.

allegra said...

Brad Rogers? That is my good friend Gina's husbands name. I guess it is a common name. But weird that we're both close to a Brad Rogers:)

I hope you're having fun on the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD!! looking forward to hearing all about your adventures!!