Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm leaving...


It's official, I will be moving to Taiwan in 3 weeks! I was accepted into a program to teach English to kindergarten through middle-school aged students in Chang hua, Taiwan from July-January. Let me know if you have suggestions for my adventure.

11 comments:

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Awesome! I'm so excited for you; Taiwan will be amazing! I would say Taiwan IS amazing, but it's been almost two decades since I've been there and I hear it's so different now. I'm excited to hear about all your adventures.

Becca Lund said...

wow! What an exciting adventure! I'm sure you'll be a great teacher.

Sunshine Designed said...

Even though it may be hard at times, remember to have patience. It is a skill I still struggle with!

Emily said...

That is awesome! Keep a good journal--you are going to have great adventures!

Jenny said...

I never should have helped you make that video. Look where it got me!! Now I am going to be Tabbiless. :( Congrats, though Love!

Megan said...

Tabs,
That's so exciting and coming so soon. You will have a great time, there is so much to do. Good luck I hope you can stay in touch while you are there.

Chelsie said...

oh my heck! that is so cool! will you be able to update while you're there? that's so neat, i'm excited to see/hear your stories!!

Blake and Jenn said...

Tabbi-that is awesome. I have a few friends who have taught English over there and absolutely loved it!! One of them is back over there as a head teacher or something. You'll have an awesome time I'm sure. Good luck!!

Corley said...

You are going to be awesome! GOOD LUCK! :) Write me and tell me about all the fun you're having!

allegra said...

tabbs,

i'm glad you decided to go!! i seriously can't wait to see all your fun things you're going to do out there. you're the kind of person that can live anywhere and be happy, so i think you'll have an awesome time.

good luck with the move!

xo

Britany said...

hi - just found your blog and saw your comment about mandarin? do they speak mandarin there? Here's my tip if it's anything like my china trip, buy the rosetta stone language program and if you find yourself in a place with only holes in the ground for the bathroom look for a handicap bathrom :) Sounds so exciting!!!! Hope you have so much fun!