Friday, August 27, 2010

Bucket List

I've been wanting to go skydiving for years.
My pops was a paratrooper so he encouraged me growing up.
I finally got the nerves...
Getting decked out in our power ranger suits.

"To Infinity and beyond...."



We were excited but FREAKING out!

My guide, Argyle, was NOT amused with my questions/fears/photos.

Argyle: "We haven't killed anyone in days. You'll PROBABLY be fine."

Another guy: "Argyle's narcoleptic. If he falls asleep en route, smack him. He SHOULD wake up."

They were teasing me the entire plane ride...
and then Argyle pushed me out around 12,000 ft.
Which was perfect--I didn't have time to panic.

We were freefalling (que tom petty song) for about a minute.

My stomach was in my throat..but it didn't feel like falling.

I only remember the wind and that it was breathtaking.

...and that the parachute gave me a wedgie!

The best part was flying after the chute came out.

.......

A big thanks to Josh Westover for these pics.
I met Josh months ago and by happenstance..
..he went skydiving same day/time we did!


The TOU 1/2 marathon is manana.

I've been so siiiick all week and am expecting my worst PR.

But I'm no quitter.

1 comment:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

That is SO awesome!!! You go, girl!!! I've always wanted to do that, too, but I don't think I'd have the guts to go through with it now. Where did you do it at? SLC?