Monday, August 16, 2010

Moses


FLASHBACK: Summer 2003
Heather Warren (Rodriguez) and I lived in Jackson Hole, WY.
We worked crazy hours at Round-Up/GAP/Ranch Shop.
...
One day, a customer broke this bobble-head billy goat. paid for it. left it.
I couldn't throw him away and superglue made him good as new.
To Heather's dismay,
'Moses' became a permanent fixture at our college apt for years.
...
(Have you seen the episode of friends where rachel brings home that ugly lamp and Monica HATES it?! Me=rachel. Moses=ugly lamp. Heather=Monica.)
...
On my drive out to DC in 2007, I 'accidentally' left Moses at Heather's apartment!
I forgot about him...until he found his way back this week.
Heather and Brandon are moving to North Carolina for more school.
I'm not sure who's making the rules here..
but I think that makes it my turn to babysit Moses.
Believe me, this joke is far from over!

Moses reminds me of the good ole days.
Remember the time I wouldn't help organize our room at Arnell?
You'd had enough and slid that mattress on top of me...and out of the way!
Can you believe we ever slept on used mattresses?
or lived anywhere without a washing machine?
or fought over cookie dough?
Aggie Basketball game. 2005 (above)


Heather Rose Warren Rodriguez.
I love this expecting-mother/wife/attorney/friend...
..and her motivation/drive/passion/loyalty/know-how.
With each passing year, I'm more grateful for lifetime friendships like these.
We've had our share of parties, 'family' dinners, mutual crushes/cat fights,
inside jokes, arguments, road trips, laughter and late night talks.
No matter how far we move or how long without seeing each other...
...our friendship continues to grow.


I'm so proud of you Heavier and B-Rod--
and I can't wait to meet your little one.

Little Rodriguez Baby Shower 2010

2 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

If you and Heather should ever need to adopt out Moses, I would gladly take him. He's a cutie. Good save Tabbi.

Heather said...

Tabs...thanks for the flashback, I had actually forgotten why you originally wanted Moses...and I can't remember why you named him that. I am also willing to give my parental rights over to Jen!! Although I guess this could be a funny jokes for the rest of our lives.