The last few weeks have been madness at work planning THIS EVENT. We contracted Steve Forbes to speak at the opening of our Premier Wealth Management Center adjacent to the lobby of the Zions Headquarters downtown. With all the construction of City Creek downtown, Zions wanted to raise the bar of how we do business and so we developed a fancy wall street-esque banking center. If you don't believe me, come check out the center. You're bound to be ooed and awed by the newly renovated space. This is a project my boss and I have been working on since I began working for Zions last May.
It was so much fun to be involved in such a high class event.
I decided to order our guests a hard cover copy of Forbes' recent book. (this event was awesome because we had no budget limitations and I don't pay the bills) I delivered them to his hotel so he could personally sign all 250 of them! I hope it was a big gesture cuz it was a hassle for these two wimpy arms of mine. Not the best looking book, but it seemed like a perfect and memorable gift for all of our valued customers who came to our ribbon cutting & luncheon.
Below is Scott Anderson, President and CEO of Zions Bank. He is such a kind, good man. I have great respect for him. Just to show you the kind of man Scott is: He was at the airport to greet Steve Forbes.... ...at 11pm the night before our event! That shows character! Zions Bank is really lucky to have such a fantastic and personable leader.
Steve Forbes was a really gracious guest. I've planned huge events before, fundraisers, and coordinated meetings with international leaders/secret service in D.C. but by far this was the trickiest and most expensive event I've ever been involved in. There were so many aspects to getting everything perfect. Caterers, Florists, Hotel logistics, Bellhop, Publishers, Agents, corresponding with 300+ High Net Worth Clients & Bankers galore, Breakfast with the Governor, Building setup, Elevator logistics, etc etc etc. I learned a lot this week about banking politics! His name is Rocco, he's from Brooklyn and is every wonderful thing I've ever imagined. he's a charmer & he made my looong day pretty fantastic!

2 comments:
I stumbled upon your blog. Do you know my sister, D. Burts? She also works at the bank. She just said the other day that Steve Forbes walked right past her.
I don't think I know you or your sister. Steve Forbes was so great, what a gracious man! Glad your sis got to meet him while he was here.
Post a Comment