Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Morning Surprise

I always joke that I work with people that are all old enough to be my parents.

And I say that with no complaints...especially when they bring me homemade surprises like this!!


Tabby,

A while ago you and I were visiting about bread. And I was telling you a little about the bread my wife makes...and that spoils me and all of our family. She grinds her wheat (stone ground) and includes honey in the recipe. I mentioned its texture is more like cake. Brenda made some bread yesterday (the ox was in the mire) so I thought I would bring you a fresh loaf to try.

Dave.


So there's a LOT of small talk that goes on in the lunchroom at work.

It normally goes something like this:

...

Tabbi: Whatcha eating today?

Dave/Jon/Sally/Bob: Oh you know, the usual. Turkey, potatoes, homemade rolls, stew....homemade everything that sounds AMAZING...etc etc. What about you?

Tabbi: Spaghetti. Lean Cuisine. Again.

And then I eat at my desk alone cuz I just can't keep up with the Jones'!

.....

But how sweet is Dave to bring me a loaf of homemade bread?

It made for a great morning--and a perfect start to my week!

2 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Make sure to ask Dave for the recipe and then send it on to me. Thanks!

Lyman said...

that just melted my cold, shriveled heart.

and he typed it. seriously i am dying.