I've been thinking a lot about instincts lately, I swear mine are really sharp.
Yet how do I prove it to myself, let alone others?
Sometimes my instincts tell me not to give a guy my number.
(Or is that merely because I'm not interested?)
Or that I shouldn't get together with this guy that won't leave me alone.
(or is that just a disinterest?)
Whether it's instinct or lack of desire--I just don't want to do things sometimes.
I've given a few guys every excuse in the book...
...what's with them not taking a hint?
It's times like these that I HATE being single.
I can't be blatantly rude...but there are so many creepers!
I follow the rule:
"Until he asks me out, I don't assume he's interested"
However, do you ever find yourself in an ambiguous situation, i.e.
Say a guy gets your number, texts you incessantly (to which you're pretty unresponsive).
Part of me wants to say, "Really bro, I'm just not that into you."
Or is that me being presumptuous that he's even interested in the first place?
I hate that texting is a piece of life/relationships.
Guys that are chicken will text flirt, as if that's an adequate substitute to dating.
Here's the thing, texty tabbi is much different than face-time tabbi.
For better or worse.
But I promise you, text-time leads nowhere--and I'm fighting off all textual relationships!
(not to say I don't text...it's still convenient in many situations)
Do I sound bitter? Mostly I'm just peeved with the excess of obnoxious, gutless guys in my life right now.
All I know is my instincts tell me to give obnoxious guys the run around.
Is it cruel--cuz it only seems fair. :)
Do any of you get where I'm coming from? If so, I'd love some feedback..
Yet how do I prove it to myself, let alone others?
Sometimes my instincts tell me not to give a guy my number.
(Or is that merely because I'm not interested?)
Or that I shouldn't get together with this guy that won't leave me alone.
(or is that just a disinterest?)
Whether it's instinct or lack of desire--I just don't want to do things sometimes.
I've given a few guys every excuse in the book...
...what's with them not taking a hint?
It's times like these that I HATE being single.
I can't be blatantly rude...but there are so many creepers!
I follow the rule:
"Until he asks me out, I don't assume he's interested"
However, do you ever find yourself in an ambiguous situation, i.e.
Say a guy gets your number, texts you incessantly (to which you're pretty unresponsive).
Part of me wants to say, "Really bro, I'm just not that into you."
Or is that me being presumptuous that he's even interested in the first place?
I hate that texting is a piece of life/relationships.
Guys that are chicken will text flirt, as if that's an adequate substitute to dating.
Here's the thing, texty tabbi is much different than face-time tabbi.
For better or worse.
But I promise you, text-time leads nowhere--and I'm fighting off all textual relationships!
(not to say I don't text...it's still convenient in many situations)
Do I sound bitter? Mostly I'm just peeved with the excess of obnoxious, gutless guys in my life right now.
All I know is my instincts tell me to give obnoxious guys the run around.
Is it cruel--cuz it only seems fair. :)
Do any of you get where I'm coming from? If so, I'd love some feedback..
2 comments:
Dearest Tabitha:
Your comment box is sooo hard to find! In fact, for the longest time I didn't think you had one! Who knew you had to click on the date and THEN and only then would a link appear that says I can leave a comment.
Here's the thing ... I am so with you on this one. Particularly, if a guy is interested in you he will ask you out! There is a BURNING DESIRE within my heart to teach this to my little RS girls {most of them are 19-20 ... and far shorter than I so "little" is suitable, trust me} ;) ... I hate seeing girls take treats over or do this and that - IF HE IS INTERESTED, HE WILL ASK YOU OUT.
And yes, I run from all obnoxious men too. If they are NOT obnoxious and I am not sure I am interested, I still give them a fair shot. At least what I have determined as fair - becaue it does NOT include running immediately. ;)
i think you already know i agree on the "if he doesn't ask you out, he's not interested" front. or rather, if he doesn't ask you out, he's not interested ENOUGH. he may be interested in the attention you're giving him by texting/flirting and hanging around to see what else he can get, but you also know i'm not down with that! if you're not sure where he's at, cut the texting out of the picture. tell new guys you don't have a text plan, so if they want to talk to you they have to call. then you'll really know they're interested. and always always always let them do the pursuing. if you pursue them they are 100% free to be gutless about it, no excuses. but if you sit back and make them come to you, then the right ones (the interested ones) will.
love you girl! we need to have a phone date soon. :)
Post a Comment