Sunday, February 26, 2012

San Francisco!

Over President's Weekend I went to San Jose to visit Heather & Brandon
We shopped, went to the beach, ate lots of great food, stopped at Trader Joes and overall had a great time. Here are some pics!


Guac on the beach--Kami, remember when we did this last year?!
It's the perfect beach treat! Word to the wise, never buy UNsalted chips.


Bella is the cutest little girl!

Hiking in Muir Woods. This was amazing.
Redwoods are huge, its crazy to think they were here growing before Columbus sailed the ocean blue.
We stopped at the littlest market in Sausalito.
I wish we had rode (ridden?) bikes here, it's such a quaint town.


Classic Jump Shot by the breathtaking Golden Gate Bridge!

These photos take me back to a trip I took to New York in the summer of '09.
Pictures capture not only the landscape but also the memories associated.
To be frank, this trip wasn't fun and yet I'm smiling in all these photos.
I should've just frowned for the camera in this shot!

We went shopping all around Haight & Ashbury.


Check out the Painted Ladies, AKA the Full House street.
To those of you who watched TGIF growing up, you would definitely recognize it.
The funny thing is all the houses around SF are beautiful, I don't know why this row is the most popular.


We thought about riding the classic trolley, but the line was so long that we opted to walk everywhere instead.

Heather/Brandon/Bella are great tour guides!
I was happy to run around SF with them.
Heather is 7 months pregnant and as cute as ever.


We walked all around Chinatown before going to dinner at Nick's Tacos.
We had a few suggestions telling us to eat there, and it was good. Not great.



After dinner we stopped at Bi-Rite Creamery.
It was delicious, we got toasted coconut and snickerdoodle.
I wish SLC had better ice cream shops.
Mormons love that stuff!


This is ridiculous but two of the highlights of the trip for me were:
1. finding Xiao Long Bao. It wasn't nearly as good as the ones in Taiwan.
But the broth was exactly the same. I know you're thinking broth is broth.
But not true. All broth is not created equal.

2. shopping at trader joe's 2x. I LOVE this store so much.
The food is so unique, organic and the price is always right.


I love weekend trips!
I hope you all are surviving this winter weather...I CAN'T wait for Spring/Summer.
I get ultra giddy thinking about riding bikes and going hiking in the mountains.
Just a few more months! Hang in there everyone!

3 comments:

Jen Jarrett said...

Sounds and looks like fantastic trip Tabbi. I really want to see you and catch up, hopefully we can soon.

lisa said...

tabbi! where did you find the dumplings?! i had some last time i was there but i need those.

Shan said...

So funny! I was totally there over MLK Day, and went to the same restaurant for dumplings (I kinda stalked you on FB). There was a place we went for bubble tea afterwards...no dong gwa, but they had amazing mango strawberry bingshas. It made me happy!