Thursday, August 4, 2011

Crystal (Clear) Skin

A few months ago I went to DoTerra (essential oils) party. I was enlightened and am slowly realizing there are so many holistic methods to physical problems. By no means am I going hippy-grunge but I just think there's a happy medium between western medicine and alternative methods. I was asking this oil rep about what's best for acne, etc. After talking briefly, she mentioned an estetician that she goes to. She raved about her and said, "my kids will go hungry before I stop going to Crystal....she's that good".

Needless to say--I was curious so I called and made an appointment.

(A little history: My skin has never been awesome, but it was pretty great until...I moved to Taiwan. That was 2 years ago (time flies) and I haven't been able to figure out what my deal is. I've gone to the dermatologist, tried a dozen different medications/creams/ointments/cleansers. You name it, I've tried it. )

So I went to visit Crystal, the wizard-of-skin a few weeks ago. First of all, she picks at your face. She's lances, picks, pokes, prods and then gives a chemical peel. It's intense. She also tries to figure out your triggers. Everyone's factors are a pie but everyone's slices (problems that contribute to acne) are different. For example, the pieces could be hormones, diet, face wash, chemicals, detergents, touching your face, makeup, etc etc. Your face, your hands and your feet all have nerve endings. So depending on where your problem skin areas are she can pinpoint whether you're influenced by more internal or external factors. Is this making sense to you like it did for me?

For me, my triggers are mostly external. After I met with Crystal, I bought a lot of her products, changed my concealer, stopped taking medication and changed a few things that I'm doing to help keep my skin clear. I also realized how much I touch my face, once I was aware of i, I stopped. Don't touch your face! It's mostly when I'm at work and I'll lean on my hands--so bad.

I just went back to Crystal two days ago. This time I'm changing my shampoo/conditioner, buying a clear/free line detergent, taking a probiotic, eliminating my bronzer, changing my body wash to the neutrogena line and using more salicylic acid in my morning routine.
(sorry for the details, this is for my record mostly) Right now, my face looks like I have chicken pox because these treatments are brutal and she also gave me a harsh chemical peel. But I'm going to look awesome in a few short days! At which point maybe I'll do before/after shots.

My purpose for this post--to keep track of what I've changed, to see what's helping. Also, Crystal really is amazing. It makes me mad that dermatologists have never fully informed me. Doctors are all about the meds, when actually I'm influenced by external factors and I'd never really tuned into it before. An hour long session with Crystal costs $60 and depending on your skin it might take her 1-4 times to clear out your entire face. But I promise, I'm really frugal and she is worth it. Here's her info if any of you are at your wits end with your skin and want to drive to Kaysville to give it a shot. You can thank me later :)

Crystal Skin Care,LLC
Crystal Rigby
1698 West Angels's Way
Kaysville, UT 84037
(801) 498-7873
www.crystalskinproducts.com

No comments: