Thursday, August 11, 2011

Stuff

For as much as I blog, you think I'd be savvy.
However, I can't figure out how to paste videos into posts, so you'll just have to follow this link.

This concept goes along with my last post of being more aware of what I'm putting on my skin, etc. I actually said to my roommate this morning that I need a new hair product cuz my hair looks like string beans lately. But after watching this, maybe I don't need more products.

Watch this and let me know your thoughts. I know one can get obsessed with being 'organic' if you think about it long enough. But she makes some really valid points.


2 comments:

allegra said...

I dunno... I think there is probably some truth in that video, for sure! But I think people tend to also read into that stuff too much. Like hello.. Do NOT tell people sunscreen has harmful stuff in it! Then people will get freaked out and never use it, then they'll die of cancer. Or... like how in the video she says something along the lines of "we don't know what all these ingredients do to our bodies." Yeah, exactly. You don't know what they're doing to your bodies. So why assume it's harmful?:) ha ha. I don't know. The whole Organic food thing (another topic, but still) kind of is a scam too. Yeah, maybe Organic milk and meat could be good to buy... but fruits and veggies? If they're sprayed with pesticides and other harmful stuff.. so what. Rinse it off b/4 you eat it and voila. You're good to go. I don't buy anything organic, really. Except Organic Milk for the kids. So there's my thoughts. Are there harmful toxins in stuff? Yeah, maybe? But am I worried about it affecting my health? Absolutely not. I think it's mostly a myth and people trying to pinpoint our bad heath on some sort of "cause" when really it's all just us being lazy and not exercising!

How's life? Hope all is well Tabs!

Sunshine Designed said...

I am so on the same page with all of this as you are. We need to start a revolution.