1. THE 4 SEASONS
The changing of the leaves in the fall was so beautiful here and I am loving the Spring weather. The winter was mild, but I'm not excited for the humid summer. It is cherry blossom season and there are also Magnolia Blossoms everywhere. The blossom is much larger and prettier than the Cherry Blossom trees.


2. THE GROCERY STORES.
Harris Teeter and Trader Joe's, specifically. My roommates and I are obsessed with Harris Teeter because it's open 24/7, they have freshly made pizza/soushi/hummus, and they always have food samples. Trader Joe's has amazing 3 layer hummus (Red Pepper, Original and Cilantro flavored), Indian Curry, Lasagna, and Mac & Cheese.


3. All forms of TRANSPORTATION.
Every time I look out the window at work, I can see a plane flying in/out of Reagan Airport or a helicopter flying to/from the Pentagon or a Life Flight going to/from local hospitals. On my commute to work I see buses, taxis, the metro, VRE trains and sometimes an Amtrak, etc. I like being a part of the busy commute into/out of D.C.


.
.
4. THE FOOD!
It's hard to not eat out here because the food is so good. I work in Georgetown and for lunch, I like to grab a panini at cafe tuotu (202-the DC area code. clever, eh?), salad at sweet green, bol at chipotle, or soup at la madeleine. Some of my favorite restaurants here are: Red Mei in Old Town Alexandria (best Pad Thai I've EVER had), 2 Amy's (Classic Italian Pizza with the meat hanging on the wall..), Maggiano's (Italian Food done family style), Julia's Empanada's after clubbing in Du Pont Circle, Zaytinya's (Greek Mezze restaurant), and Kabob Palace (haha...this place is kind of a hole but it's open 24/7).


.
5. MEN IN UNIFORM
I can't google pictures that do this factor justice. I ride the metro that stops at the Pentagon. Need I say more? There are also plenty of handsome cops and firemen in the area as well..
1 comment:
Hey Tabbi i've been wondering where you disappeared too? How's life? Looks like its treating you good. e-mail me at abbyahuggins@hotmail.com so I can add you to our blog.
Post a Comment