Meet Enz Crane: beautiful, quirky, classy lady and the life of any party.
I met Enz when I was a squirmy freshman at USU. She has charming, silly and sweet. I have one long lasting memory of Enz: there was a group of us that had gone camping in Jackson Hole the night before we went rafting. Mind you, I'm not that rugged and this was REAL camping: we slept in sleeping bags under the stars, I was swatting bugs all night(I woke up with a fat lip), no bathroom facilities, etc. You get the picture. Enz grabbed a water bottle and gathered the girls before we went to sleep. "Follow me.." she said, and we all walked for awhile until she found the perfect pile of dirt. She then squatted to the ground, grabbed a handful of dirt, mixed it with a little water and began 'exfoliating' her face. The other girls loved this and began scrubbing dirt onto their faces. I realized at that moment that I had no choice, I had to dirt scrub my face...so I did. I'm not granola nor was I eager to do this but I adored Enz and if it was good enough for Enz, it was good enough for me!!

Enz works at the temple and this is her impersonating her favorite 'awkward newly wed photo'.




Meet Lance Merrell: A strong man: hunter and cowboy by day and the life of the party by night.
I met Lance at the beginning of my impressionable sophomore year at USU. I was friends with his roommate and I met all of Lance's wall friends (Mr. Elk and Co.) before meeting Lance.
Lance, I know I promised never to tell anyone this so I'll beg for your forgiveness later. Lance is a hunter, we're talking SERIOUS hun
ter. He's probably slaughtered more animals than there are hairs on my head. One cold, wintery day in Logan Utah I was too impatient for my windows to defrost and I backed out of our complex parking lot and smacked into the side of his truck. (yes i hit a parked car but.. he blocked me in. So TECHNICALLY we were both at fault..or so is my side of the story!) My car insurance gave Lance a fat chunk of change to fix that dent in his truck...however Lance had bigger ideas for that cash. One word: TAXIDERMY!! I pay a higher premium now and I like to think of it as an investment whenever I see those mounted forest creatures in his apartment!


Needless to say, these two are perfect for each other and I'm kicking myself for being so SELFISH as not to have introduced them YEARS ago. Luckily, they found each other on their own and were married today. I wish soo badly that I could be in Logan to celebrate their wedding with them. Best wishes to Mr. and Mrs. Merrell, I love you both!


1 comment:
Hey, that last picture is in Colorado by Red Rocks!
Post a Comment