Sunday, August 2, 2009

Two cultural comments

I don't think I've placed enough emphasis on Taiwan transportation.  There are a lot more bikes and scooters than cars.  It makes my head hurt to think about carrying a newborn or a toddler around on a bicycle (like the one below) with NO helmet, but I see it everyday.  They actually make bicycles that hold an adult and 2 children (below)!  I need to take a picture the next time I see a 2 year old STANDING ON A STOOL on the front end of a scooter(where the mom's feet should be) or in a wicker carseat on a bicycle.  I try not to think about it, but it freaks me out and pisses me off.  PUT A HELMET ON YOUR CHILD!






























I haven't mentioned the toilets here because I wasn't ready to talk about it :).  Talk about performance anxiety the first time I used one of these!  I'm getting used to them and it's actually nice not to have to sit on a toilet seat in public bathrooms (I won't even mention the pee that's all over the floor around it)...



















No comments: