Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mingdao University

My 2nd grade student, Kitty, is the daughter of two University Professors. Her parents, George and Grace, are so good to us and have helped us out on many occasions. George asked us to come speak to a group of his students on Halloween. He made it hard to turn down, as the day would include pizza, kayaking, paint balling and dinner! They really are too good to us. So we talked to the students about our experiences here in Taiwan, I'm not sure they understood much but they were so gracious and hospitable. I LOVE the people of Taiwan, you'll never find a better group of people.
















While we were waiting for lunch, we played volleyball and basketball on the courts outside. Tanier challenged us to a game of SPEED, I even won a round!















Then Sarah and I took our groups kayaking.  Sarah did all the legwork on the kayak! haha. Sorry girl, I warned you I'd rather bask in the sun than row.



















Sarah found the most UNcomfortable hammocks ever. See those giant knots? They're digging into my back..I had wiggled so much that I look like I'm wearing mom jeans!



















I've never been paint balling before, we had so much fun!!















Thanks for the sweet photo, Sarah. I look like I'm in training for the SWAT team!















At the end of the day, I wanted a photo with a bunch of the boy students. With the communication barrier, they weren't sure what I wanted with this photo..there was few awkward exchanges and I finally jumped into their arms. My forwardness was probably too much, but they appeased me anyway!
















George and Grace took us to an amazing restaurant that sits against the mountains overlooking the area. The high speed rail sits right below so every 5 minutes, we'd hear thunder and the fast train would zip by beneath us. We had a great dinner watching the sun set.





























Tea Time with Tanier. They say tea for everything liquid here, no worries it was just juice with diced fruit.
















Later that night we went bowling with our secretaries, Penny and Emily. It was Emily's Birthday and we topped off the night with our favorite treat-waffles with ice cream!



















Another fun weekend in Taiwan, I can't believe I only have 2 months left here. There's so much to see and so little time! My roommates and I just bought our flights to Singapore/Malaysia! We're so excited to backpack SE Asia this January!!

1 comment:

Adam R. said...

Tabbi, I finally figured out how to comment. I just thought you had disabled it.