Friday, November 13, 2009

Plagiarism, at it's best!

Last week, I gave my 4th grade class the assignment to draw a picture and write a one page summary on their library book.  Allow me to share the best one with you....

























I got the biggest laugh out of this.  When I asked the guilty student why she wrote this, she responded, 'Teacher, it IS about my book, it tells where it came from blah blah..'   I've been fighting this particular student tooth-and-nail to do ANY work lately so I actually gave her credit for writing this!  (sidenote: I've been told copyright laws do not exist here so I didn't even lecture her on legalities.)  Kudos to all you teachers out there for having the energy to care about students that are failing, year after year.  I couldn't do it...

3 comments:

The Professor said...

Absolutely brilliant. I always worry that there's a lot more plagiarism going on in my classes than I catch, so it's nice when someone lobs an easy pitch over home plate every once in a while.

Trina said...

I think that's pretty much ironic and hilarious. But where is the picture?

Tabbi said...

The picture was on the back, it wasn't the best work I've seen but maybe I'll add it to this post next week.
Hey Professor, I didn't realize you were still reading my blog. You scared me in English 2010 about plagiarism!! How's SLC? ARe you teaching at the U? I'm about to move to SLC, keep an eye out for jobs on campus for me!