Wednesday, November 3, 2010

DC Highlights

I went to DC last weekend.
Highlight #1: lunch with my beautiful sis Lisa.
Friday: Malaysia Kopitiam, 1827 M Street
Lisa was craving Bing: beans, peanuts, fruit, syrup, shaved ice.
It's a modge-podge/acquired-taste Asian dessert.
...

I ordered Chicken Curry Gravy.
Delicious.

Monday: Thai Chili in Chinatown
Lisa ordered a Japanese box: sushi, dumplings, rice, salad.
I ordered a Thai Box: Green curry, wontons, rice, corn salad.

I wish I could eat this every day.


Highlight 2: Rally to Restore Sanity/Fear on the mall.
It was mayhem. People were EVERYWHERE, we couldn't hear or see a thing!!
The signs were pretty genius though.

The best part was the people standing on dumpsters(and port-a-potties).

In case you missed the character(above) with the no-nonsense sign.

Yes, grapes ARE delicious...!??

Highlight 3: Dinner at my Uncle Freds' in Haymarket.
What a beautifully decorated home in a great neighborhood in the middle of nowhere, Virginia!
My Uncle Fred and Aunt Lore have lived in Germany for most of my life, so it was a treat to see them. Much like my dad, Fred's a dynamic storyteller and he's so interesting to talk to. I think that's a Rigby characteristic and I hopefully I inherited some of that charisma.

We ate the most delicious steak stroganoff with bread.
The butter was shaped like a turkey!!
And Lore made a trifle for dessert. Impressive, to say the least.

Highlight 4: Partying in my old stomping yards with my peeps.
Carl and Whit at the Church Dance.
Not proud that we supported the church dance...
but we made the most of it! ;)
This is Tyler Berg, AKA Bergface. I kept teasing him that he doesn't have a girlfriend because he flirts with EVERY girl. Then it dawned on me what my problem might be.

Gotta stop flirting with EVERYONE tabs.

Brad Grylls is the nicest guy around and he's always up for a dare.

Kami eating her beloved bacon at Eastern Mkt.
She's my lobster. (FRIENDS reference)
This wknd was just like old times.

Ben Malone=Balone=Bologne
A few months back, he showed up at my church in SLC.
Last week, I showed up at his church.
I like this tradition. Tag Bologne, it's your turn!

Kami+Carlie strutting their stuff around DC.


Highlight 5: Late night chats with Brooke.
I meant to borrow a cot to sleep on at Brookes', but I never did.
She made me sleep in her bed...
...while she slept on the floor.
Only a true friend would do such a thing.
She's in dental school and she studied ALL weekend :(
But she's a rockstar and her life is balanced. I admire that.
If you live in DC and don't know her, you need to.
What a perfect weekend. Friends. Family. Food. Parties.
And of course we visited my favorite temple.
Thanks again Kami, Brooke, Jenny for all your help!
No travel post is complete without one of these photos.
Eastern Market would have their own manhole!
Til next time DC!


2 comments:

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Fun trip! And you look GREAT, Tabs!

brooke said...

YAY!!! i love it! visit again super duper soon. :)