Saturday, June 4, 2011

Duck Beach 2011

I consider myself somewhat of a Duck Beach Veteran and this, by far, was my favorite year yet.
Running along the beach, barefoot, with some new friends.
Kjersten put these guys through boot camp--push ups, leaps, etc.
I didn't stick around for it, I just kept on running...



The beaches in NC are heaven.

The weather is always perfect, its covered with big beach homes, and the beach is pretty secluded.


My friend Cass flew in from AZ for the fun weekend at Duck.
The two reasons that I go to the beach every year: Kami & Carlie.

These two were my very best friends while living in DC. Kami is a friend from high school and Carlie and I shared a room for the 2 years I lived out there.

Another pic of Cass! I loooove this girl!

Kami and I with my old roommate from college, Kjersten.

I wish I was still in DC so I could run around with these 2 more.


Kami looking glam! This photo could be in a magazine!
Carlie got a camera recently and was OBSESSED with taking pictures of everything all weekend.

i.e. here we are walking to the car... :)

I wanna say this picture was staged and she wasn't actually driving at the time.

But she's carlie...and she's CRAZY. And wreckless...but fun.



My reaction to her driving:



We went crabbing on the beach one night with a big group of ppl. You capture the crabs,put them in coolers. Then we made a big circle, shut off all the 'lights' and let the crabs crawl over our feet. It freaks me out...but this year I actually caught some crabs. You push on their shell until they stop squirming and then you pick them up by holding onto both sides of their shell.




Our house was awesome. We had a ping pong table, a theater room, a pool, a hot tub, a pool table, 1.5 kitchens, etc. A big thank you to the Klepinger sisters for putting it all together!!


However, I think our house rental was around $8K for the week...hence why there were(40) people sleeping on couches, on our deck, cluttered all over the floor, etc. Carlie, Kami and I all shared a king bed--not too shabby!



There were 5-6 murals in our house....




The first year i went to duck, I made the mistake of going to church. The next two years I opted out of it because it's such a hassle. This year, I made the mistake of going again. I believe the Outerbanks only has a branch there. The building is so small, its an hour away and the singles line every inch of the entire building to partake in the sacrament service. People are always taking pictures, texting, talking in the hall. it's so distracting--not to mention physically uncomfortable(this year kami and I had to stand/sit on the floor). If I ever duck again, I will not be attending church. I'll opt to sleep in and enjoy the morning walking the beach!



Here's our DC friend Frank--who lives in Chicago now. And Joe--bombing the photo!



strutting our stuff to a house party!



post-party loitering.



acoustic night at the NY house...pretty sure the walls were sweating.
I'm certain the cops are always surprised when they come to break up these parties! No alcohol? What ARE you doing? Why...where..?



Pillow Talk!



Driving to get....



...duck donuts. It's a tradition now. They make the doughnuts right in front of you. It's our favorite thing.



People are weird about eating donuts at the beach...but not us.




Kami making guac on the beach. Here's to hoping this is a new tradition!




Playing at our house pool the last day.








Best Fish Tacos! We need to find this little shop again, if there is a 'next year'!
Saying goodbye to our DC guyfriends. The guy in the middle's name is (Michael) Helgesen. Everyone calls him Helgesnuggle...I can't seem to figure out why!!
Driving back to DC in a packed mini cooper!
No road trip is complete without McD's!
Goodbye Duck, thanks for the perfect weather!! Til we meet again....
Goodbye DC....

....and your smoking hot temperatures!

No comments: