Wednesday, June 22, 2011

MOAB!

First of all, it has been ages since I've seen Tanier.
I was stoked that she joined Dolly & I on our trip down to Moab!
Life's messy...and friendships tricky.
People (me, mostly) say and do stupid things and I find myself (lately) hoping that there's a connection strong enough to propel us all forward.
Luckily it's Onward and Upward more often than not!

Anyway, we loaded all our camping stuff into dolly's little pontiac.
It made for a cozy ride!

Ready for rafting with our water "weapons".

The three of us rode on that little blue duckie.
Some of the bigger rafts (full of village idiots) kept trying to flip us over.
So...I told them I couldn't swim! haha.
Call me a fun-hater but it worked.
(Me and my little white lies...can't help it)


Natural Spring where we filled up our packs.

Chris was a gem all weekend.
He took care of us--I'm a sucker for gentlemen.

I made dinner while Dolly/Tanier pieced together the tent.

What dolly referred to as "tent city".
There were ridiculous amounts of YSA on this wknd trip.
Let's just call it Duck Beach-Moab style! :)

Ran into JC, a friend I made at a convention in '04.

Jump shot in front of corona arch.
This hike was so much fun, what is it about hiking on rocks that makes it so much easier?

Train-tracks-through-red-rocks-jump-shot!

Corona Arch!

Posers!


What would you call this--a crater?


Immitating Josh's Superman Pose.

Ppl Repelling off the arch--maybe next year I'll be a rock star like them!

Tanier's poses getting better by the minute...

Arches Nat'l Park

Delicate Arch--the most popular of them all.

Human Arch.
Creativity credits to Jeremy and Dillon-AKA Neo!

Tanier and I lived in Changhua, Taiwan last year.
Sarah lived in Fengyuan and was in our English Branch.
Random that we were all in Moab together--or is it?
(BTW the colors in this pic are fantastic, especially considering it was taken w/my phone)

MMT BBQ--about to feed the masses!
And Dane's face-classic!

Cute girls serving the chicken/steak/corn.

Austin and his peeps served banana foster for dessert.
We stuffed our faces!

And then a bunch of people got in the "annual" food fight.
Ice Cream
Banana Foster
BBQ Chicken
Teriyaki sauce
shooken up sprite
you name it, they threw it on/at/smeared/down/all over each other.


Entertainment at it's greatest.
Washing the vinegar/bbq sauce out of their eyes.


MMT-VI (Massive Moab Trip-Year 6) was a huge success.
We loved it every minute of it.
Thanks organizers for all the effort!
And now I wanna go bike moab...and hike to see more arches.
Nothing beats summer in Utah--there I said it!

No comments: