History behind Philly:
4 years ago I lived with the coolest girl named Kjersten.
Kjersten has a brother named Dave.
Dave has a good friend named Benton.
The four of us ended up in the same beach house over Memorial weekend in North Carolina.
(randomly, mind you)
It really is a small world, after all.
We had such a great time that we decided to extend the fun to their turf in Philadelphia.

4 years ago I lived with the coolest girl named Kjersten.
Kjersten has a brother named Dave.
Dave has a good friend named Benton.
The four of us ended up in the same beach house over Memorial weekend in North Carolina.
(randomly, mind you)
It really is a small world, after all.
We had such a great time that we decided to extend the fun to their turf in Philadelphia.
Exhibit A of their bachelor pad:

Exhibit B.
(If it helps, they both went to school in Florida...)
(If it helps, they both went to school in Florida...)

My friend Jen came with me to Philadelphia.
Strangely enough she is also a friend of Kjerstens...and Dave's...and Benton's.
(Seriously, the singles scene is a small world the older I get.)
We hit up the Liberty Bell...


...and the 'wall street' rioters at city hall.
This group was interesting. We spent some time walking around and reading their signs.

This is Elfreth's Alley, the oldest-constantly inhabited houses in America.
They were quaint little homes, but I would certainly hate to live here as people take tours right past their doors all day long.



The Betsy Ross House. Did you know Betsy Ross was married 3x.
The first husband was Mr. Ross. And that her first 2 husbands were killed within a year or two of being married? She picked herself up both times and found another suiter.
She's my hero--can you imagine?


Dave and Benton work long hours.
I kept wanting to pull a prank on their tired faces...
...but I couldn't think of anything clever yet harmless.

And then we made a wise decision and went the the Terror Behind the Walls at the Eastern State Penitentiary. IT's one of the oldest prisons. It reminds me of Alcatraz.
It cost us a pretty penny to do this haunted prison, but it was worth it.
The spooky people had the craziest costumes and makeup. And I've never seen a spook house like this. I can't imagine the money they invest to put it together.




Dave and Benton being tired hosts again. One minute we were all giggling and having a good time. The next minute, I'd catch them asleep. The poor guys.




More Philadelphia Rioter pics.
I feel for these people. I've been lucky in our bad economy.
But I can definitely relate to their strifes.







Jen and I hit up Geno's and Pat's for Cheesesteaks.
She got Geno's, I got Pat's. I LOOOOVED mine.
She loooved hers. So I guess they're both great.




Walking to Geno's/Pat's we found something called the mural mile. We walked around for an hour or two and found 17 or so murals. All beautiful. This one was my favorite.

This place was called the magic museum. I am obsessed with it.
Its all recycled glass/mosaic. It was like a giant museum/park.






We had such a fantastic weekend!
Thank you Benton and Dave for being perfect gentlemen!
They opened our doors, bought us dinner and were the best hosts.
Til next time Dr. Perry and Dr. Evans! :)
P.S. Sorry I woke everyone up by setting off the fire alarm.
Not once...but three times.
Thank you Benton and Dave for being perfect gentlemen!
They opened our doors, bought us dinner and were the best hosts.
Til next time Dr. Perry and Dr. Evans! :)
P.S. Sorry I woke everyone up by setting off the fire alarm.
Not once...but three times.
We call that a tabbi-ism!
xoxo
xoxo









3 comments:
oh i just love that you posted three shots of your red shoes. You are too cute. Hey, I'd do the same if I had those...they're darling:) How is it you're always traveling somewhere fun? You go girl! Live it up. Looks like a blast.
The sunset pic in the countryside is GORGEOUS. looks like heaven.
LoL. Oh Tabbi! I love the way you write. What a great time we had. Love the pics and the stories! Let's go on more adventures soon!
I like to read this again and again. You did a great job summing up the trip. I miss u and hope I get to see you soon.
Post a Comment