Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hindsight 20/20

I've gotten into the habit of posting about what I do. How I fill my time.
I don't like to write or express thoughts, so I upload photos instead.
I'm bored with my blogging--I'm a terrible writer.
However I've been thinking about something a lot lately that I want to express...

I'm so grateful for friends that keep in touch over the years and those who understand my heart.

Last night I had dinner with an old friend, Erin Manning Crane, whose married with 1.5 kids.
It's so fun to reflect on where we've been & where we're going. Hindsight is 20/20.
We laugh and joke about our college years...we made the most of those precious years. Her and I were supposed to be roommates our last year of school, but she abandoned me last minute for marriage. Can't say I blame her, but I did feel helplessly alone. All of my close friends had just graduated while I was stuck in Logan preparing for my 5th year of college. I resented the fact that she was leaving me too...(talk about the height of my selfishness).

Isn't Erin adorable?

This incidence was over 4 years ago. Looking back, I have such a different perspective. My last year of college, I made a new slew of friends/acquaintances....because I had to. I didn't think much of it then because I graduated and then moved to DC. But...when I moved back to Utah last year, I was nervous to start over, make new friends and to get settled. Lucky for me, I made some great friends my last year at USU that have become my very best friends. They enrich my life more than I can express. They laugh at my jokes, let me ramble on, they're so positive and open minded, loving, etc etc etc. Basically they can do no wrong and I am so grateful for their example in my life.

The lovely gals at our Christmas Sleepover last month.

Whenever I see Erin, I'm reminded that I can't predict the future. You never know how one obstacle or event can completely alter your life and the people you'll meet. And how the unknown is wonderfully unpredictable. It reminds me to embrance change and challenges because there is so much more out there for us if we'll open our hearts and let it in.

No comments: