Monday, January 24, 2011

Random notes for my record...

I should be a food critic.
Nothing makes me happier than healthy, delicious, simple food.

This weekend I went to the coolest restaurant in Provo.
It's called the Malawi Pizza Project.
To sum up my experience:
The (cold) beef spinach salad and veggie lasagna were scrumptious.
I will go back again and again.
But the cool part is that for every meal you purchase, they provide a meal for someone in Malawi. Not sure on the details but here's a write up on this restaurant's awesomeness.

Secondly, did you know In-n-Out burger has a 'secret menu'?
I made a goal not to eat ANY fast food this month...but an animal style/protein style burger hardly counts. Ok fine, I'm a failure but it was worth it!

Last but not least, I was pleased with this easy Sunday dinner today so I'm posting it for good measure:

Creamy Enchilada Chicken
6 boneless chicken tenderloins
1 can corn, drained
1 can black bean, drained
1.5 cup salsa
8 ounces neufchatel cheese, cubed (cream cheese impostor)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 t. cumin
salt & pepper to taste

Add all ingredients to crock pot (not cheese)
Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours
Stir in cheese cubes, turn off heat. let sit 25 min.
Serve over rice or into tortillas.

No comments: