Sunday we went to early church-ran into a lot of old friends and familiar faces.
The new church is small, but how convenient!
And metro accessible.
I sure miss DC and the scene there.
Don't get me wrong, I love SLC and living here.
But DC holds a special place in my heart that can't be beat.
After church we had a picnic at Gravely Point Park.
It's just north of the DCA Airport, next to the Potomac so planes constantly fly in/out....
...right over your head=Photo Opps!
I'm actually surprised I didn't get us all to do a jump shot in front of a plane.
That would take some serious coordination.
Hmmm...adding it to my 'to-do' list for next time!!
Then, Kami took Liz/I to one of my favorite places.
Of all time.
I fell in love with this temple way back in Primary..circa 1994.
I've been on these ground countless times during many critical times in my life.
Visiting this temple brings DC affiliated memories rushing back.....
...from '01, '04, '06, '07-'09, '10 and '12.
And then we braved the traffic to Dulles for me to catch my flight.
I made my plane with a few seconds to spare.
Not a fan of Dulles..too busy/too far.
I'm a Reagan Airport/DCA snob (budget permitting)!
I'm addicted to flying. I've been restless lately and flying fixed my troubles.
Well the combo of DC AND flying, I reckon.
I crave being unplugged from everyone/everything for hours at a time.
I put in my headphones, read books, ponder, get stuck in my mind and indulge in several DC's(not to be confused with the District of Columbia).
Highlight of Sunday:
We found a deer on the DC Temple Grounds. Such a peaceful place.
I always like to hike behind the temple and follow some of the trails.
Lo and behold--so does Bambi.
The DC Temple Grounds is chuck full of, what Taiwanese call, Feng Shui.
Feng Shui [ˈfʌŋ ˈʃweɪ]n
Literally translates into English as "Wind-Water".
The Chinese art of determining the most propitious design and
placement of a grave, building, room, etc., so that the maximum harmony
is achieved between the flow of chi of the environment and that of the
user, believed to bring good fortune











No comments:
Post a Comment