I'm embarking upon my 26th year!
Last week I was skimming through photos and I want to share 25 photos of 25 great moments from my 25th year. DC was a fun place to live because it's close to everything: mountains, airports, the ocean, the big apple, bean town, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Canada, etc. Enjoy...
Some Weekend Trips:
USU Homecoming October 2008Annapolis, MD with my House of Payne roommates November 2008


Niagara Falls, Canada November 2008

Thomas Jefferson's Estate-Monticello April 2009


Colonial Williamsburg, VA April 2009


Waiting in line for roasted peanuts in Boston May 2009

Duck Beach, NC May 2009


NYC again and again and again 2008-2009 (Kami, wanna hit up NYC in March after our Annual Cherry Blossom Rendezvous with tim/sam/laura?)

Sun Moon Lake, Taiwan September 2009

Some of my favorite moments this year:
Jumping on the FREEZING cold tramp with my 2 favorite girls. We'd jump then I'd warm up their feet and then we'd jump and then repeat. October 2008


Watching the changing of the guards at Arlington Cemetery with two soldiers. One of my college buddies came to visit one of his wounded soldiers, Nicholas Koulchar, at the Walter Reed Hospital during his recovery. To learn more about Nick, click here. January 2009



Running my first 1/2 marathon in Charlottesville VA. This pic isn't my favorite but here I am at 5 am with the timer set on my camera capturing the moment, so I might as well share it.

Sailing was on my 'to-do' list this year. Check. Thanks again Dan/Allegra/Max for the amazing weekend in Cambridge/Boston. May 2009

Spotting Wild Horses on the beach in NC. This is a highlight from my entire life, I nearly cried I was so ecstatic.

Hiking the Shenandoahs with friends. This picture cracks me up to think about. Brad was being a gentleman to carry me over the stream of water (I'm wearing chacos, I could've handled it). I obliged and then mid-stream Brad said, '..Hey, i'm a fairy..' Granted, in his mind he said 'ferry' but to this day he still blushes about it!


Inauguration Day in DC. This was one CRAZY day. I had tickets to go to the Inauguration at the US Capitol so I made the 5 AM trek into the city to fight the lines and security into the gates. However, I had a purple ticket and they had us line up this underground freeway where I stood for over 5 hours in the freezing angry cold. By the time I made it to security, they had just shut the gates. I listened to the Inaugural Address on some ladies old beat up radio (that made Obama's voice sound fuzzy like FDR's radio addresses) outside the make-shift gates to the Capitol. I was fuming for weeks, but hey I was there!


My first typhoon. Windows fell from our complex and shattered in the courtyard below, the wind howled for days and everything was flooding. Thankfully I live in a safe region on the island so I hibernated inside for 3-4 days and then continued on living as usual. Unfortunately this wasn't the case for a lot of other Taiwanese.
Typhoon Morakot was the deadliest typhoon to impact Taiwan in recorded history. Early on August 7, 2009 winds picked up speeds of 90-100 mph. This storm wrought catastrophic damage in Taiwan, leaving 461 dead and 192 missing and left roughly $3.3 billion in damages. The extreme amount of rainfall triggered enormous mudslides, one burying the entire village of Xiaolin and causing severe flooding throughout Eastern and Southern Taiwan. (okay, so i'm not in this photo but this looks like my roommates and I headed outside to buy supplies from 7-11..with 1/2 as much water and wearing our classy yellow ponchos)


Taking the Perkins' Five Family Photos last Fall in Cache Valley. These girls couldn't get any cuter. I've been far away from them the last few years and I'm working to change that.


Taking the Fisher Holiday Photo last year with the DC Temple Lights.

Playing 'airplane' with my older sister May 2009. It'd been over a year since we'd been together, what better way to show our sisterly love?

Heather and I outside in the pouring rain as we waited for Mr. and Mrs Andrew Wood to exit the Logan Temple. May 2009


Rubbing shoulders with DC Mayor Fenty at my FAVORITE DC event: the drag races. For halloween, men parade around in clever costumes before racing the streets in high heels. It's not for everyone, but it is the best DC event, in my humble opinion. Fenty is a local celeb, most seem to like him and I'm on that bandwagon. Snapped him doing a 'Rocky' pose.


Riding the chinatown bus from DC-NYC and NYC-DC. Guaranteed to be the most interesting 4 hour way to get back and forth from these cities. I will always remember this particular ride with Chad because as you can see, we were forced to sit right by the bathrooms. The DIRTY AWFUL STEAMY DISGUSTING ROTTEN toilets, I've never been so grateful for clean air as I was stepping off of that bus.

3 comments:
I think this is my favorite of all your posts.
Can't wait to have you back!
You are definitely living life to the fullest!!!
that was a GREAT post! i don't know why it only just appeared to me today (after the newest quiz one) but i love it! you can teach me how to have fun again when school is out!
Post a Comment