Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Classroom & Blog Worlds Unite!

My 4th graders decided today that they want to start doing 'show-and-tell' in class.  What a fun idea: here's MY blog show-and-tell for the week:

This picture was taken a few blocks from my house in Old Town Alexandria, VA.  I miss this place: clean streets, blue skies, tamed trees, spay & neutered dogs on leashes, clean air, and they even have sidewalks(made with bricks, no less)=suburbia BLISS!  This stoplight is one of my FAVORITE things in old town, maybe someday I'll reminisce about my top 5 faves.  When's the last time you saw a fork-in-the-road stoplight?!
   




























I decided that I'm going to mimic my classes and give (blog) quizzes every week.  Since my birthday is coming up, I'm going to do a gift give-a-way as an overseas celebration!  The winner/s at the end of the month will win something fun from Taiwan, some options are posted below, I need to find some guy options as well. (my students only get a slurpee for passing their tests, so feel privileged). More details coming soon...

Asian shoes are cute and comfortable.  

I sent these to my sis.  (Kala and Trina, here's your chance to get some shoes, etc before Christmas!)
















I don't wear flowers...or so I thought until I tried these on and paid $2 to make them my own.
















I wear these shoes everyday(right). 














These scripture covers are so cool!  I'm on a journey to find more like them, but a better fit:














3 comments:

Corley said...

I want some of those shoes you wear everyday!!! How much are they??? I love 'em! The scripture cases are pretty awesome too. Hope you are doing well over there in Taiwan. Let's chat soon.

Sunshine Designed said...

Okay, I'm so in love with those leafy shoes! Does that make me slightly crazy? Love the scripture covers. So cute.

Jenny said...

Tabbi, Old Town misses you too!!