Saturday, September 5, 2009

Costco, kids and a quiz

Today Molly took us to Costco! I bought some chocolate muffins, granola and babybel cheese! Sounds simple enough but I am stoked to eat them!! The best part of the day was eating a churro and pizza, like the good old days! The churro was severely under-sprinkled, the frozen yogurt had an unwelcome mango syrup and I would've preferred a pepperoni slice but the hawaiian pizza was close enough. I went to Costco weekly in DC, kind of a gross habit but nobody can beat the prices!
















In case you care to see how the menu differs from America. They have tea, clam chowder and a mango smoothie. Their pizza choices are: seafood, peking duck or hawaiian ;)
















Some random shots this week. This is Tim and Evance, my two very favorite students. They are so silly, sweet and fun. They are always giggling and they help me to lighten up in class. They are also the type to come sit on your lap and to give hugs...AND their English is incredible which definitely helps!
















This is a classic Taiwanese dessert, I had my doubts but it's delicious. If you can guess 4 of the 6 ingredients that I know of, I will mail you a Taiwanese something or other...tshirt, treat, I'll think of something...

9 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Yummy! Looks delish! What's the name of it? My guesses: pineapple, mango, lemon juice, sugar, sherbet

allegra said...

hmmm... papaya, pineapple, pear, and lemon ice cream, and rice?? that looks pretty good!

Costco in Taiwan? Who knew?

Tabbi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tabbi said...

Kala got one right: mango. I'm sure there was lots of sugar, but that's a little vague. Try again Legs! I'm going to give this quiz until September 10th.

Jon said...

rice, evaporated milk, mango and...and...love.

Tawna said...

mango, banana, ice cream, ice, coconut?

Drae said...

sweet potatoes (yams), shaved ice, ice cream, mangos, coconut milk, turnips.

Emily said...

I am going to say: mango, rice, tofu, ice cream and maybe mushrooms (I had a Chinese dessert with that once)

Noahr said...

It looks like a Bing. My family loved them so much they bought a bing machine. I'm not sure what you have on that one, but we like to make them with shaved frozen milk, mangos, sweet and condensed milk, sherbet and it looks like you have some tapioca balls and fruit gelatin on there.